Enhanced bereavement helpline
- Third largest funeral services provider in the UK
- 200+ funeral homes and more than 650 employees
- Ambitious growth and acquisition strategy in place
- Extensive heritage and established reputation
- High level customer and community service
The client asked us to gradually implement an enhanced bereavement helpline service providing impartial and unlimited guidance to bereaved families. Meanwhile, we needed to build close relationships with funeral arrangers, ensuring they trusted us to look after their grieving clients. The service had to be integrated seamlessly, building confidence and trust across the organisation whilst delivering outstanding customer service levels.
We collaborated closely with our client to slowly and carefully roll out a practical helpline across their 200 branches.
We collaborated closely with our client to slowly and carefully roll out a practical helpline across their 200 branches. Initially, this was an inbound call service only, which later escalated to an outbound call strategy with a detailed roll out plan and gradual implementation across each region. We worked to build trust with Regional Directors and Funeral Arrangers at every step of this process, understanding how crucial that would be to the success of the programme.
What we did
- Closely collaborated with Director of Pre-Need and Head of Change
- Facilitated face to face visits across regional hubs to support the roll out of the client’s training plan for the new outbound call model
- Hosted conference calls, sharing examples of best practice and service
- Created bespoke content to promote the service, including co-branded leaflets, website content and articles for local community magazines
- Provided weekly management information and conducted fortnightly calls during the initial three months of the relationship to tailor the service and ensure Funeral Arrangers recognised the value of the helpline
- Provided a free will and estate planning review for our client’s customers and their employees
Within the first three months of the relationship, the National Bereavement Service (NBS) assisted more than 240 bereaved families with practical help and guidance leading to a national roll out across the UK. We conducted 36 free estate planning reviews, with this added value service now forming part of the client’s proposition as an available service for its customers.